Thursday, May 19, 2011

Saving Dollars on your Do


One of the (many) things I have a hard time spending a lot of money on is haircuts. I know I need to help pay the stylist, for the product used, for the chair rental in the salon, but really? $100 to cut my mousy brownish hair and bangs?

My life changed when I started going to Cinta Aveda Institute in San Francisco. I don't mind students working on my hair. They are as sweet as can be and only want to impress you and their instructors. And I must add, that the instructor checks in at 3 times during your cut to make sure the student is doing well and that you are happy.

I love all the Aveda products they use and the quick head and shoulder massage you get at the beginning. The only down fall would be for you speed demons as this cut takes longer than usual. I think that's a plus actually because I love people playing with my hair. But if you want a fast fix, look elsewhere.

Did I mention a price yet? Oh I didn't? Well my latest lovely who has done an amazing job the last 3 times I have seen her is named Carly. She's adorable and is great with my hair. As she has been there awhile, you have to pay more for her. So the total price is $19. Yep. $19.

So go check this place out my frugal friends. (They also do great facials!)


Cinta Aveda Institute
305 Kearny Street
San Francisco, CA 94108
(415) 989-4400

No comments:

Post a Comment